Geer Services, Inc.
Charles Parish
Geer Services, Inc.
Underwoods
San Marco Properties

ABC Radio News – National News

ABC Radio News – National News

Jul 272014
 

Warning: imagejpeg() [function.imagejpeg]: Unable to open '/home/content/85/4831085/html/wbobradio.com/wp-content/uploads/thumb-cache/e6c8cfb77845e1ad8025d9446e5d7e9e-e2697f15d8b8e1bebe7fdc104d1ce6c3-150x84-75-nocrop.jpg' for writing: Permission denied in /home/content/85/4831085/html/wbobradio.com/wp-includes/class-wp-image-editor.php on line 391
Investigators Cancel Trip to MH17 Crash Site Due to Fighting

iStock Editorial/Thinkstock(KIEV, Ukraine) — Personnel from the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe won’t risk a Sunday trip to the site of the Malaysia Airlines flight that was shot down earlier this month.

Alexander Hug, Deputy Chief Monitor of the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission to Ukraine says that reports of fighting in the area caused the change of plans. “The security situation at the moment on the way to the site we planned to go today — and on the site itself — appears to be not safe,” Hug said.

The team is expected to reassess the situation on Monday and deploy personnel then, if the situation is safer. “We will not risk our unarmed civilian observer mission to deploy to a site where we can’t control the risk to a degree where we are confident we have it at the level where it is acceptable.”

Follow @ABCNewsRadio

Copyright 2014 ABC News Radio

Jul 272014
 

Warning: imagejpeg() [function.imagejpeg]: Unable to open '/home/content/85/4831085/html/wbobradio.com/wp-content/uploads/thumb-cache/e6c8cfb77845e1ad8025d9446e5d7e9e-e2697f15d8b8e1bebe7fdc104d1ce6c3-150x84-75-nocrop.jpg' for writing: Permission denied in /home/content/85/4831085/html/wbobradio.com/wp-includes/class-wp-image-editor.php on line 391
Investigators Cancel Trip to MH17 Crash Site Due to Fighting

iStock Editorial/Thinkstock(KIEV, Ukraine) — Personnel from the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe won’t risk a Sunday trip to the site of the Malaysia Airlines flight that was shot down earlier this month.

Alexander Hug, Deputy Chief Monitor of the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission to Ukraine says that reports of fighting in the area caused the change of plans. “The security situation at the moment on the way to the site we planned to go today — and on the site itself — appears to be not safe,” Hug said.

The team is expected to reassess the situation on Monday and deploy personnel then, if the situation is safer. “We will not risk our unarmed civilian observer mission to deploy to a site where we can’t control the risk to a degree where we are confident we have it at the level where it is acceptable.”

Follow @ABCNewsRadio

Copyright 2014 ABC News Radio

Jul 272014
 

Warning: imagejpeg() [function.imagejpeg]: Unable to open '/home/content/85/4831085/html/wbobradio.com/wp-content/uploads/thumb-cache/27dd37c454360dc69f9ac1952d2f4944-a4ab32aa2787c3c897f1d1bf91f4f85c-150x84-75-nocrop.jpg' for writing: Permission denied in /home/content/85/4831085/html/wbobradio.com/wp-includes/class-wp-image-editor.php on line 391
US Releases Photos Purported to Show Russia Fired Artillery Into Ukraine

iStockphoto/Thinkstock(WASHINGTON) — The United States has released images that, it says, prove Russian military forces have fired artillery from Russian territory into Ukraine.

The Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI) released a series of overhead images that, it says, show evidence of artillery fire from the Russian side of the border directed at Ukrainian military positions in Ukraine.

ODNI claims the images prove Russian military — not Russian-backed separatists operating from across the border — were responsible.

“The following images provide evidence that Russian forces have fired across the border at Ukrainian military forces, and that Russia-backed separatists have used heavy artillery, provided by Russia, in attacks on Ukrainian forces from inside Ukraine,” ODNI wrote atop a four-page file that includes four images ODNI says were taken July 21-26.

The newly released images back up the claim of direct Russian involvment made Thursday by the State Department and the Pentagon, as international tensions have risen sharply over the conflict in eastern Ukraine since the downing of Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 in rebel-held territory.

“We have new evidence that the Russians intend to deliver heavier and more powerful multiple rocket launchers to the separatist forces in Ukraine, and have evidence that Russia is firing artillery from within Russia to attack Ukrainian military positions,” State Dept. spokeswoman Marie Harf told reporters at a daily press briefing on Thursday.

The U.S. has alleged Russian complicity in the downing of the Malaysia Airlines jet, pointing to Russian support for separatists and alleged supplying of heavy weaponry. Recordings of phone conversations released by the Ukrainian government purportedly show separatists telling Russian officials they shot down the airliner.

Russian President Vladimir Putin has not directly addressed recent allegations of Russian military support for the rebels, or that rebels downed the plane with a missile system provided to them by Russia.

In a statement on MH17 released through the Kremlin on July 21, Putin warned that “no one should and no one has the right to use this tragedy to pursue their own political goals” and promised that “[f]or its part, Russia will do everything within its power to move the conflict in eastern Ukraine from the military phase we see today to the negotiating phase, with the parties using peaceful and diplomatic means alone.”

Follow @ABCNewsRadio

Copyright 2014 ABC News Radio

Jul 272014
 

Warning: imagejpeg() [function.imagejpeg]: Unable to open '/home/content/85/4831085/html/wbobradio.com/wp-content/uploads/thumb-cache/27dd37c454360dc69f9ac1952d2f4944-a4ab32aa2787c3c897f1d1bf91f4f85c-150x84-75-nocrop.jpg' for writing: Permission denied in /home/content/85/4831085/html/wbobradio.com/wp-includes/class-wp-image-editor.php on line 391
US Releases Photos Purported to Show Russia Fired Artillery Into Ukraine

iStockphoto/Thinkstock(WASHINGTON) — The United States has released images that, it says, prove Russian military forces have fired artillery from Russian territory into Ukraine.

The Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI) released a series of overhead images that, it says, show evidence of artillery fire from the Russian side of the border directed at Ukrainian military positions in Ukraine.

ODNI claims the images prove Russian military — not Russian-backed separatists operating from across the border — were responsible.

“The following images provide evidence that Russian forces have fired across the border at Ukrainian military forces, and that Russia-backed separatists have used heavy artillery, provided by Russia, in attacks on Ukrainian forces from inside Ukraine,” ODNI wrote atop a four-page file that includes four images ODNI says were taken July 21-26.

The newly released images back up the claim of direct Russian involvment made Thursday by the State Department and the Pentagon, as international tensions have risen sharply over the conflict in eastern Ukraine since the downing of Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 in rebel-held territory.

“We have new evidence that the Russians intend to deliver heavier and more powerful multiple rocket launchers to the separatist forces in Ukraine, and have evidence that Russia is firing artillery from within Russia to attack Ukrainian military positions,” State Dept. spokeswoman Marie Harf told reporters at a daily press briefing on Thursday.

The U.S. has alleged Russian complicity in the downing of the Malaysia Airlines jet, pointing to Russian support for separatists and alleged supplying of heavy weaponry. Recordings of phone conversations released by the Ukrainian government purportedly show separatists telling Russian officials they shot down the airliner.

Russian President Vladimir Putin has not directly addressed recent allegations of Russian military support for the rebels, or that rebels downed the plane with a missile system provided to them by Russia.

In a statement on MH17 released through the Kremlin on July 21, Putin warned that “no one should and no one has the right to use this tragedy to pursue their own political goals” and promised that “[f]or its part, Russia will do everything within its power to move the conflict in eastern Ukraine from the military phase we see today to the negotiating phase, with the parties using peaceful and diplomatic means alone.”

Follow @ABCNewsRadio

Copyright 2014 ABC News Radio

Jul 272014
 
Israel Resumes Attacks in Gaza, Hamas Offers Cease-Fire

iStockphoto/Thinkstock(JERUSALEM) — The Israeli Army resumed its attacks on Gaza on Sunday, pointing at “incessant rocket fire” launched by Hamas throughout the previous humanitarian cease-fire.

The two sides had, on Saturday, agreed to a temporary truce to allow residents of Gaza to gather supplies and retrieve the bodies of those killed in the ongoing tension. Israel stated late on Saturday that it would extend the cease-fire for 24 hours — through Sunday — but promised that it would respond to any Hamas rocket fire.

Sunday morning, the Israel Defense Forces said that seven rockets were fired from Gaza. Two of the rockets were intercepted by Israel’s Iron Dome defense system.

Also on Sunday, Hamas spokesman Sami abu Zoihri said that the organization had agreed to call for a 24-hour cease-fire beginning at about 2 p.m. local time. Still, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said that Hamas was not abiding by that cease-fire, firing rockets at Israel, which prompted the Israeli military activity to resume.

Follow @ABCNewsRadio
Copyright 2014 ABC News Radio